Auteur Message
 Sujet du message : Duché de Prusse Orientale
Message Publié : 01 Fév 2010 19:16 
Hors-ligne
Hérodote
Hérodote

Message(s) : 1
Bonjour,

Je suis nouveau sur ce forum et je le trouve super intéressant et plein de renseignements utiles et je vous remercie de m'avoir accepté dans votre forum.

Je suis en train de tenter de retracer les origines de quelqu'un, Justin Watson.
Il s'identifie comme étant "S.A.R Justin I Grand Duc de Prusse Orientale"
Il souhaite créer un arbre généalogique de sa famille afin de prouver son titre.
Il ma fournit ce qu'il connaissait de ses descendances.(Texte ci-joint)
D'après ses recherches il pense qu'il y aurait une possibilité par la ligne Spalding.
Je connais peu l'histoire de Prusse, votre aide nous serait précieuse.

Merci de votre réponse et de votre compréhension.

JUSTIN WATSON

Justin's Father's Side
Father: Michael Watson
Grandfather: Earl Watson (My grand father's original surname was Wasielewski (Polish origin) before he changed it to Watson)
Grandmother: Kathleen Watson (Schnider= maiden name)

Schnider= Kathleen's (my grandmother) maiden name
Kathleen and Marie's (grandma's sister) mother's maiden name (my paternal great grandmother)Theresa Zimmell
Grandpa changed his name from Wasielewski in E Paso TX in 1942 to Watson for the Army
My Great Grandpa had changed his name to Watson before Grandpa
Grandpa's mother's maiden name was (my other paternal great grandmother) Anna Kaminska (Polish)
Grandpa's father and grandfather worked in a PA coal mine
Grandpa's father later became a wealthy owner of a roofing company during the Great Depression
My paternal grandmother's grand parents came from Czechoslovakia

Mother's Side
Mother: Gail Spalding
Grandfather: Vernon Spalding
Grandmother: Ardis Spalding (Engler= maiden name)

Grandma's mother's (my maternal great grandmother) maiden Ruth Ellen Bowers
Grandma's maiden name Engler
Her Father= Herman Engler
Grampa Spalding father's name Benjamin Spalding (Farmer in Minisota)

Engler
Origin: German

Spelling variations of this family name include: Engel, Engels, Engell, Engeler, Engeli, Aingel, Aingell, Aengel, Aengell, Aingeler, Engele, Aingele, Engler, Engebretson, Engelbrekt, Engelbretson, Engebrecht, Engelbrecht, Engelbrecher, Engelbert and many more.
First found in Bremen, where the name contributed greatly to the development of an emerging nation which would later play a large role in the tribal and national conflicts of the area.
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Adam Engel, who arrived in Philadelphia in 1754; Christian Engel, who settled in Philadelphia in 1787; Heinrich Engel, age 30; who arrived in New York state in 1877.
Schnider

Spelling variations of this family name include: Schneidern, Schneidter, Schneyder, Schneid and many more.
First found in the Palatinate, in the south of Germany, where the name emerged in mediaeval times as one of the notable families of the region.
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Bernard Schneider, who emigrated with his wife and three children to America in 1709; Wilhelm Schneider arrived in New York State in 1710. Among the over one hundred Schneiders who came to Philadelphia in the 18th century we found: Christian Schneider in 1729.
Zimmel

Spelling variations of this family name include: Zimmer, Zimmerle, Zimmerer, Zimmermann, Zimmerman, Zimerman, Timmer (northern Germany), Timmermann, Timmerman and many more.
First found in Prussia, where the name was closely identified in early mediaeval times with the feudal society which would become prominent throughout European history.
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Maria Margaretha and her four children, who came to Germantown, Pennsylvania in 1694. Gerhard Zimmermann came to America in 1740; Elizabeth Zimerman came to Philadelphia in 1789.

Spalding
Origin: Scottish

Spelling variations of this family name include: Spaulding, Spalding, Spaldene and others.
First found in Lincolnshire where they were seated, and granted lands by William the Conqueror for their assistance at the Battle of Hastings in 1066.
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Edward Spalding who settled with his wife and two children in Virginia in 1623; along with Edmund; Alex Spalding settled in Maryland in 1716; Edward Spalding settled in Newport, R.

Répondre en citant  
 Sujet du message : Re: Duché de Prusse Orientale
Message Publié : 01 Fév 2010 20:32 
Hors-ligne
Jean Froissart
Jean Froissart

Message(s) : 1397
Ce titre de grand duc de Prusse orientale est usurpé.

1. La Prusse orientale ne fut jamais un "grand duché". Elle fut un duché, puis un royaume, mais pas un grand duché (par contre, le grand duché de Lithuanie a existé).

2. Spalding n'est pas un nom prussien, mais anglais ou écossais. Voir http://www.searchforancestors.com/surna ... alding.php

3. Aucun souverain de la Prusse orientale ne s'est jamais appelé Spalding.

4. Le descendant actuel et prétendant au trône de Prusse est connu. Il s'agit du prince Georg Friedrich. Voir http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georges_Frédéric_de_Prusse

Par contre, Engel est un nom allemand, mais il y en a beaucoup. Je précise que je m'intéresse un peu à la Prusse, comme le montre mon avatar qui représente un vrai prussien.

Répondre en citant  
Publier un nouveau sujet Répondre au sujet  [ 2 message(s) ] 

Le fuseau horaire est UTC+1 heure